Monday, January 4, 2010

wings

watch the butterfly
tell the flower, tell the wind
i talk with my wings

" mohammed ali
he floats like a butterfly
and stings like a bee "..


~ _ ~ _ ~

' electrifying ' / HB-4


a season of kites
tied to electric cables
a little kid's dream

see the kite floating
untethered , the string broken
kids run after it ..

/ original / zg


( mohammed ali- boxing legend
/ lyrics- Johnny Wakelin & The Kinshasa Band )

[ kites get tangled in overhead cables causing electrocution - india ]

10 comments:

  1. Love that first one most especially.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful...I love how you've woven all these verses creatively together.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah, buttteflies, I miss them!

    I would never have to worry about my kite hitting a wire. Never got one up that high.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I too love the first one best. Thanks for sharing them.

    Yousei Hime

    ReplyDelete
  5. thank you for making their speech so visual!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very nice! Each one a gem - together they become a lovely set.

    ReplyDelete
  7. hmmm.....kids, kites, i once traveled throughout mexico and central america making kites with kids in small villages. kids getting their kites caught in cables in India is so sad.....beautiful haikus

    ReplyDelete
  8. Vivid imagery. By the way, I finally got a chance to respond to your comment/question on my blog. Thanks! JP/deb

    ReplyDelete

..namastey!~