Sunday, July 6, 2008

through a window

it is my window
their doorway to existence
the birds come and go!
...........................
the hopes of watching
my favorite star tonight
dashed through a window!
.................................
every moment counts
now the miner's only hope
light through a window!
..................
shine through a window
or come with bag and baggage
enter, exit, thoughts!
............................
feel the opera
the colors,twitters,scents dance
why close the window?
........................
the only window
in his six by six cellar
is a lively mind!
........................../original/zg

13 comments:

  1. Each window causes me to pause with thought.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The repetition of the word "window" turns this sequence into a chant of sorts. The lines in the first stanza, "it is my window/their doorway..." had the effect of making me think of how the subject-object relationship in each one blends.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like the rhythm between these small poems. They propel the reader across the gaps and to the end. Nice writing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i agree with what sandy said...it is like a chant. each alone is lovely & together they are quite enchanting.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It forces one to realize that one's perspective completely changes the view.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The last window is my favourite.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I enjoy bird watching, so choose your first poem as my favorite. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice rhyme.I agree with Sandy, It does sound like a chant.
    Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is so cool!

    ReplyDelete
  10. a world of windows... thank you for the view...

    ReplyDelete
  11. So many windows for me to peek through. I hope you don't mind if I enjoyed them all.

    ReplyDelete

..namastey!~